The Alpha Resource

Every librarian dreams of the so called "Alpha Resource". This is the resource that provides an outlinking source of information that provides the base layer of sought after knowledge and a definitive level of coverage of the topic. It is nothing less than the foundation on which to build future research.
I serendipitously found such a source in Cockshutt: the Complete Story I had not expected to find that the American Farmers Union tractors and the Canadian Cockshutts to be connected. To my great surprise, their story is intertwined and my dead in the water search has restarted. I can now research the much greater level of material on Cockshutts to discover more about the Co-op #3....or 3s as its offcial designation is. A unique tractor that according to my new found alpha resource, was manufactured only in St Paul Minnesota from 1948 to 1950. Only a few thousand models were manufactured. The story continues to get more interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts