Saga Continues

I spoke with a historian at the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum in Sheridan Wyoming. He confirmed what I already knew: that the cabin had been at the Columbian Exhibition and had later been on Coney Island. I seem to have reached a dead end in this fascinating search.
I will try to contact some folks at the Smithsonian and other centers to find more leads.
I have a hunch that some late 19th century curio collector similar to George Heye might have latched onto it, after which it faded into obscurity. Whatevery happend, it will make for an interesting story.
I am helping the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in its attempt to aquire this historic artifact and return it to its home. If anyone has any solid, anecdotal or apocryphal information that would provide a new lead in my search....please email me at bibliotekker@gmail.com or markh@sbci.edu

Comments

Popular Posts