No Photos and Co-op tractors

If you are one of the two readers of this blog, you may be wondering what happened to the pictures. My credit card that I charged my webspace fees to expired...and I forgot to enter a new card. Everything should be back to normal in a few days..

I have been exploring cyberspace in an attempt to find information about my grandfather's 1950 Co-op number 3 tractor. My hope is to begin the restoration process in the coming year. It was the product of the Farmers Union of the 30's, 40's and 50's. My grandfather and his two brothers bought three of them in 1950 and drove them up from St Paul. The archives of the Minnesota Historical Society in St Paul may have more information on this long gone factory and tractor line.

I found a great article from the North Dakota Farmers Union Newsletter at http://www.ndfu.org/PDFS/CO-OPS%20IN%20THE%20NEWS/CO-OPTRACTORS.pdf
This is by far the best source of information I have found on this obscure and short lived line of tractors.

Comments

Popular Posts