Co-op Tractor



I have added postings to a few tractor related message boards. I am hoping that someone will have additional information regarding my Co-op.
What makes it more confusing (to me and others) is the fact that the Canadian tractor company Cockshutt manufactured a sytylized Model E3 (in orange) at the same time as the much different (in red) Farmers Union model #3 was being manufactured in St Paul and other places. Two different companies it seems were manufacturing tractors and billing them as Co-op. Heretofore, I will refer to them as the Cockshutt Co-op and Farmers Union Co-op tractors to avoid confusion.
I have discovered several references to identical Farmers Union Co-ops that were being manufactured in different parts of the country. One reference from West Virginia notes that the tractors were being built as part of a program to make work for local citizens. This adds an interesting new social dimension to the history of these enigmatic machines.

Comments

Popular Posts